Chris and I got up to an icy morning. It was snowing hard and the driveway glistened with ice. Our pastor cancelled church this morning as he was concerned with the safety of everyone, especially our elderly members, who would try to come out to church. Since we had a free morning Chris and I called our old comrades the Byers to see if they were having service at their church this morning. They had scheduled a mid-afternoon service at 2pm to give the roads time to thaw out. We decided to go over and spend time with them. It was well worth the drive. You will not hear any better preaching then at Mt. Cathedral Church of God in Inez, Ky. Brother Steve truly feeds your soul and gives you things to ponder on all week. The singing was wonderful but the thing that impressed me the most was the feeling of camaraderie and friendship one feels at this church. You feel like you have came home. Most people were in jeans and it felt more like Sunday dinner at Mamaw's then a formal church service. The kids were hugging you and people all called you by name. I wistfully told Chris on the way home that I sure wish the Byers had a Sunday Night Service so we could visit more often. I have a feeling that we would make it a priority.
No comments:
Post a Comment