



So have you heard of the series of 4 books by Stephanie Meyer? Well, of course if you live in North America, you have probably heard about these novels. Not to mention the movie, "Twilight" is scheduled for release on Dec. 12th of this year. These are a series of books, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn that are wildly popular with all the young readers. About 1/2 the kids at my college are carrying around copies of these books. I had read the reviews on these novels and when it said they were about- vampires- I thought- well these books aren't for me- I don't care for vampires or Sci Fi stuff. Well the students kept saying,"But Mrs. Evans- you have to read them!!!" and then one day a wonderful little student named Kim took it upon herself to buy the first novel-Twilight for me as a gift. I thought , well I should read it since she bought it for me and also I should keep up with what my students are reading and so I opened the book and ...I was hooked. It's like you get caught up in these characters' lives. I finished off Twilight and seriously considered driving to Walmart at 2 am to purchase "New Moon"- I did go first thing the next morning and I have been reading this series ever since. I am not saying they are the deepest and most profound thing you will ever read but you do get caught up in the story. One of the young girls at the college was standing there leaning against the counter and one of the young guys walked up to her and said hi, she just turned and looked at him and sighed then he rolled his eyes and said, "Ok, ok- I know-you're in love with Edward." and then he walked off. Edward is a character in these books, And girls- sorry but if you read these novels each of you will also fall a little bit in love with Edward...
3 comments:
Although the sound of the books doesn't appeal to me either.... I'm up for it! Are you sure there good??????????? Vampires? I'm a little skeptical........ LOL!!!
Now that school has started I won't have SO much time for pleasure reading, so if they're really that addictive I better watch out! ha ha. Seriously, I'd be up to try them out since you recommend them so highly...
Hey guys, I didn't say these were the most profound books every written, they are indeed teenybopper romances- but you really do get caught up in the storyline! (and you will fall in love with Edward)
Post a Comment